Conservative restoration and restoration work was carried out on the main facade of Palazzo Fortuny in Venice.
The alterations and changes in use that have taken place over the centuries on the façade have left clear traces in the numerous walls visible before the restoration on the second floor, already present in the archive images since 1890.
The masonry and all the stone elements in precarious static conditions, including the Gothic hillocks and windows, have been consolidated in order to allow the reopening of the walls and the re-use of the hillocks in safety. A fundamental premise of this work was that it did not alter in any way the overall image that this facade had acquired over time, favouring the preservation of most of the integrations present.
The restoration also allowed the recovery and reading of all the fragments of historical plaster present, typical of the Gothic period, enhancing the presence of traces of polychrome painting, found especially below the bands of the floor and around the windows.